If your basement smells musty, then that means you probably have some type of fungal growth. Fungi, like mold and mildew, love to grow where it is dark, damp and undisturbed (and usually warm). Below 50 degrees, most mold and mildew go dormant. The same is true if the moisture it feeds on is taken away. However, given the right conditions, mold and mildew can proliferate quickly. The odor you detect is a byproduct of thriving colonies.

Be warned that not all molds give off a musty odor, so your best bet is to visually check your basement, particularly after hard rains, leaks or sewer problems.

If you detect signs of mold or mildew, you should immediately treat the surface with MoldOff. Unlike detergents or bleach, MoldOff destroys mold and mildew at the roots, not just on the surface. It contains no chlorine bleach and is environmentally friendly and biodegradable so it is safe for the environment, and especially safe for use around children and pets. MoldOff is easy to use …in most instances, you just spray it on the affected area, then wipe it down the next day. With little or no scrubbing necessary, there’s no hard work, just peace of mind.

Recent Posts

Testimonials

I bought a gallon bottle of your concentrate for use around our lake house. I was amazed at the effectiveness of the product. I had a bad mold situation on our pontoon boat carpeting. I soaked the carpet and let it dry. Once dry I used a stiff bristle brush to loosen up the residue and then vacuumed up the loose residue. The carpeting stayed mold free for over a year. I also used your product on some green mold on vinyl siding on the north side of our house. I just sprayed it on with a pump style garden sprayer and let it sit. I had to do nothing else. The green mold disappeared. That was 2 years ago and it is about time for me to do it again. I have found that your product also works extremely well on our wooden deck and surrounding cement pavers. I want to thank you for developing such a great product.

- D. Santucci