Because mold produces harmful mycotoxins that can cause health problems, more and more mold resistant building materials are appearing on the market.
- Mold Resistant Woods — have been treated with anti-mold chemical. Incidentally, these products also tend to keep termites away.
- Mold Resistant Insulation — has been treated with a fungicide that prevent mold from taking hold.
- Mold Resistant Drywall and Drywall Tape — has a fiberglass facing instead of the traditional paper facing. The fiberglass removes the organic surface and mold feeds only on organic materials.
- Mold Resistant Paints — contain fungicides to discourage the growth of mold on the paint surface.
- Mold Resistant Carpet — are made from acrylic or Olefin fibers that resist mold growth.
- Mold Resistant Shower Pan — of all the places in your home, the shower is the most likely place for mold to grow. Many people are turning to mold resistant shower pans to help curb the growth of mold.
However, even the Environmental Protection Agency admits it is impossible to get rid of all mold. If a mold problem develops, the mold must be removed at its source. MoldOff® is an innovative product unsurpassed in mold and mildew stain removal and works incredibly well any surface inside and outside your home — from clothing to carpet, stone to tile and much more. It contains no chlorine bleach, is environmentally friendly and biodegradable so it is safe for the environment, as well as for pets and children.