Summer brings two things — heat and humidity — two necessary ingredients to the growth of mold and mildew, which flourish on almost any surface. One way to reduce the growth of mold and mildew is to keep the relative humidity in your home low … below 40%.

If you don’t know what the relative humidity is in your home during the summer months, an easy and inexpensive way to check is to purchase a hygrometer (about $10 at your local hardware store) and check your humidity levels. If you discover that your home has a humidity level above 40%, a simple fix is to purchase a dehumidifier (again at any local hardware store or places like Target or WalMart).

Imagine enjoying a soda during a particularly warm day. When you pick up the can, you might notice that it’s wet — there’s moisture on the outside. Why is that? As air loses heat, it also begins to lose its ability to retain moisture; the colder surface pulls and collects water from the warmer air, creating condensation. A dehumidifier does pretty much the same thing causing air to cool and condense into a closed container that you can easily drain.

Sometimes, no matter how well you prepare and how well you dehumidify your home, mold and mildew can appear. For instance, summer storms can force rain under windows and cause leaking roofs and even household accidents with plumbing can provide ideal environments for mold and mildew to flourish.

Luckily mold and mildew can be easily treated with Mold Off®. Mold Off® is an innovative product unsurpassed in mold removal and mildew stain removal. The product does not contain chlorine bleach and is environmentally friendly and biodegradable.

Mold Off® can remove mold and mildew on hundreds of surfaces including, but not limited to, wood, vinyl, carpet, fiberglass, artificial turf, paint, canvas, cloth and in places like powerboats, sailboats, kayaks, tents, outdoor gear, bathrooms, carpets, clothes, basements, walls, kitchens, outdoor and indoor artificial flooring and roofs. The uses are unlimited, easy, and safe for you and the environment, and will cause no discoloring or deterioration.

Best of all, Mold Off® is easy to use … just spray on the affected area and walk away. No scrubbing, no hard work. Mold Off® destroys mold all the way down to the roots (unlike bleach products), and can help prevent reoccurrences and its safe for you, your family, pets and the environment.

Recent Posts

Testimonials

I am not sure that Mold Off® has ever been used to combat such a large-scale mold home-remediation project as this, as we took off lathe and plaster, ceilings… working from all angles. The question became, How much sweat equity are you willing to invest to make it happen? It cost us the $5,000 to have our contractor help us remove lathe and plaster – and to remediate some asbestos the environmental inspector had found – but the Mold Off® and safety / ventilation equipment was a minor investment compared to the estimates for the job to be contracted out. It has now been a year since our initial water-disaster, but our home is mold free, thanks to your product and advice. Thank you for giving our home back to us.

- Mold Off® Customer