For most people, fall is the time to store the RV or boat away. But many people find unpleasant surprises in the spring because they haven’t taken proper precautions to prevent the growth of mold!

Mold can grow anywhere there is warmth and moist, which makes your RV, camper and most particularly, your boat, an ideal location for it to flourish. Mold can hide in the carpets, ventilation system, in refrigerators and bathrooms, under seats, in canvas and rope and so much more.

Here are some helpful tips to help you store your recreational vehicle over the winter without unpleasant surprises in the spring:

  • Wash and wax your vehicle or boat to prevent dust or dirt buildup and to deprive mold of the food it needs to grow.
  • Drain all water from your rig including hot and fresh water tanks, and all hot and cold lines.
  • Turn the refrigerator off, defrost and wipe it dry. Leave the door propped open a little bit so air can circulate.
  • Use a breathable cover to avoid condensation forming between the cover and the boat or RV, or park it inside a garage or facility.
  • Wipe down all surfaces inside and out and make sure carpets, canvas and ropes are completely dry.
  • Last but not least, spray Mold Off® on surfaces most likely to grow mold.

Mold Off® is a green, eco-friendly, pH neutral and biodegradable mold removal product that destroys mold at the source. The product is safe for all vehicle surfaces, yet cleans better than the other harsh products on the market, and it won’t cause any dangerous health issues. Mold Off® is simple to use. Just spray it on and walk away. Mold Off® will do the work for you.

Take these precautions and you won’t have any unpleasant surprises in the spring when you are ready to travel again!

Recent Posts

Testimonials

I am not sure that Mold Off® has ever been used to combat such a large-scale mold home-remediation project as this, as we took off lathe and plaster, ceilings… working from all angles. The question became, How much sweat equity are you willing to invest to make it happen? It cost us the $5,000 to have our contractor help us remove lathe and plaster – and to remediate some asbestos the environmental inspector had found – but the Mold Off® and safety / ventilation equipment was a minor investment compared to the estimates for the job to be contracted out. It has now been a year since our initial water-disaster, but our home is mold free, thanks to your product and advice. Thank you for giving our home back to us.

- Mold Off® Customer