Mold grows practically anywhere there is warmth and moisture, which makes your car, RV, camper or other vehicle an ideal location for it to flourish. However, it is usually the last place people think of when they think of mold.

Automobiles and RVs have dozens of places where mold can grow, many times undetected. Mold can hide in the:

  • Ventilation system
  • Under carpet, thanks to moisture tracked in or caused by spilled drinks
  • Refrigerator and bathrooms of RVs
  • Under seats in all types of vehicles

In fact, the ventilation system is usually the first place mold start to grow. The condensers that extracts moisture from the air of your vehicle can often be clogged or blocked and can cause a buildup of condensation. Water and snow melt tracked in by your feet can collect in the carpet and cause mold spore to sprout. Even in very dry climates, something as simple as a spilled drink can be enough to support a mold colony.

Over time, weather seals and gaskets will start to erode allowing the entrance of moisture into the vehicle. This is especially common in older vehicles and/or those that have been exposed to direct sunlight for long periods of time.

Since we are nearing the end of summer, many people are putting their RVs in storage for the winter. Most RVs contain refrigerators and bathrooms, which have dark moist conditions optimal for mold growth. It is important when inspecting for mold you look inside cabinets and under seats and hard to reach places. Mold spores start to grow as soon as twenty four hours after exposure to moisture, therefore it is important to give your vehicle a very thorough inspection as often as you can, and especially before you store it for the winter!

That’s when you need a product like Mold Off® — a green, eco-friendly, pH neutral and biodegradable mold removal product that destroys mold at the source. The product is safe for all vehicle surfaces, yet cleans better than the other harsh products on the market, and it won’t cause any dangerous health issues. Mold Off® is simple to use. Just spray it on and walk away. Mold Off® will do the work for you.

Recent Posts

Testimonials

I live in a very humid environment. I purchased a very expensive suit-jacket and slacks. Went to put on the jacket and thought I had paint spots on the edge, but found out from the cleaners that it was mold/mildew. They treated it and it was back in two weeks. I tried a number of products to resolve the problem. Then I found your product on-line and sprayed a small amount on the jacket and prayed. Next day, it was totally gone, but back in smaller amounts a few weeks later. Sprayed it again – the bonus was the product smells fresh, not horrid! It went away and has not come back. I still spray that one pocket every 3-4 months just in case. It is black, by the way, and no color problems at all from your product. I also sprayed the walls of my closet three times, a week apart, and no more black spots.

- Dene