It’s back-to-school time. Fall brings not only the start of a stormy period, but as the leaves change, they fall the ground and begin to mold, releasing plenty of mold spores into the air. The combination of moisture and spores is a recipe for mold growth.

Moisture problems in school buildings can be caused by a variety of problems: roof and plumbing leaks, condensation or excess humidity to name just a few. With moisture from storms and high traffic areas in schools where spores are constantly brought in from the outside, there is a high risk of mold developing.

Of course there are ways to help reduce mold growth in schools, including reducing indoor humidity with proper ventilation, controlling humidity levels and the use of exhaust fans. However, as experts will tell you, it is nearly impossible to remove all mold spores from the air. So even with all the precautions, mold can still sneak up on you. Maintenance personnel at schools should keep a sharp eye out for the following warning signs:

  • Inspect the building for signs of moisture, leaks or spills
  • Check for moldy odors.
  • Look for water stains or discoloration on the ceiling, walls, floors, and window sills.
  • Look around and under sinks for standing water, water stains, or mold.
  • Inspect bathrooms for standing water, water stains, or mold.
  • Do not let water stand in air conditioning or refrigerator drip pans.

Even with due vigilance, mold can still grow. Luckily, there is Mold Off® — an innovative product unsurpassed in mold and mildew stain removal and works incredibly well on hundreds of surfaces. It contains no chlorine bleach and is environmentally friendly and biodegradable so it is safe for the environment, and especially safe for use around children. Mold Off® is easy to use …in most instances, you just spray it on the affected area, then wipe it down the next day. With little or no scrubbing necessary, there’s no hard work, just peace of mind.

Recent Posts

Testimonials

We made a big mistake by storing our foam mattresses in a moist area without a rubber cover. Consequently, a black mildew permeated nearly the whole thickness of the mattresses, some worse than others. Our first reaction was to discard the mattresses as we thought it was a hopeless problem. Just to be sure there was no solution to the mildew problem, we went to the internet. Somehow, we found Mold Off® which we thought should be used empirically before we threw the mattresses out. So we purchased a gallon of Mold Off® and sprayed it on one mattress, lathered it in and let it soak. Then, we sprayed it again and used a thick cotton towel to absorb the excess fluid. We were surprised to see the black color gradually disappear. Some of the stubborn stains we sprayed a third time and rubbed the stains with towels which removed most of the discoloration. What shocked us the most were the unbelievable final results! The foam mattresses remained firm and free of mildew for months and months to this day! We cannot thank the producers of Mold Off® enough for the great outcome.

- Judith & Franklin, New Hampshire