A mycotoxin is a toxic substance produced by organisms in the fungus kingdom, commonly known as mold. Oddly enough, not all molds produce harmful toxins. In fact, many more molds are safe than the dangerous few. Beneficial molds produce medicine like penicillin and help cheese develop. In nature, hundreds of molds help break down leaves, trees and other organic material and turn it into nutrient rich soil.
Molds produce tiny spores to reproduce. The spores waft through the indoor and outdoor air continually. When mold spores land on a damp spot indoors, they may begin to grow and digest whatever they are growing on in order to survive. There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and foods. When excessive
Toxic mold is a type of mold that produces hazardous byproducts called mycotoxins. The mold itself isn’t toxic or poison, however the byproducts are and those toxins can affect your health. Individuals with asthma and other respiratory problems are very likely to have reactions to many types of mold, but experts believe that mycotoxins can