Many parts of the world have high humidity year around. If you live in one of these areas, you should be on the lookout for mold at all times. And of course, outdoor humidity almost everywhere creates a perfect environment for mold growth.

Here are 10 signs to be watching for in order to prevent or control mold growth.

  1. After water pipes or leaks, check the area carefully.
  2. Mildewy or must odors are often the first sign that there is a problem.
  3. Condensation around windows (where warm air meets cool glass) can encourage mold growth.
  4. Discoloration of walls or ceiling, peeling paint or paint blisters can indicate a water leak and is a good spot to check for mold growth behind the walls or ceiling.
  5. Warped wood is often an indication that water is present and is a likely spot to check for mold.
  6. Grout between tiles in the bathroom is porous and allows water to penetrate and also traps mold spores exceedingly well.
  7. Loosening drywall tape is a good sign that water is present.
  8. Vents – check around dryer and bathroom vents that take warm moist air outdoors.
  9. Rusting pipes are a good sign that water is present and should be one of the first places you check for mold.
  10. After flooding, check beneath flooring and in the walls for signs of mold.

If you do find mold, there is an easy solution. Mold Off® is a green, eco-friendly, pH neutral and biodegradable mold removal product that destroys mold at the source. The product is safe to humans and pets and all sorts of surfaces, yet cleans better than the other harsh products on the market. It won’t cause any dangerous health issues and it is simple to use.

Recent Posts


After three years of struggling to get rid of a mould problem on my boat, I finally came across Mold Off®. It does exactly what it says on the bottle. It’s so easy to use … just spray it on leave it on 24 hours and wipe off its that simple with no nasty smells or odors. My boat’s white upholstery is now like new thanks to mold off! Thanks from one happy customer!

- Paul S., UK