Here are 5 things you can watch for to detect mold problems in your home or business BEFORE they become a big problem.

  1. High humidity — a relative humidity (RH) level of greater than 55% promotes the growth of mold and other fungi. Dehumidifiers are a great way to reduce the humidity in your home or business.
  2. Water/Pipe Leaks — mold need moisture to grow. Many mold problems are the result of some kind of water intrusion, especially those that are not resolved quickly. Water and pipe leaks are common culprits, so get leaks fixed immediately.
  3. Odors — musty or mildew odors are often an indicator that mold is at work somewhere in your home or business. These odors should prompt you to look for the source. Keep in mind that mold loves to hide in walls, behind molding, under floors and in other out-of-the-way places.
  4. Increased Allergy/Respiratory Symptoms — an increase in allergy or respiratory symptoms associated with a particular building can indicate the presence of mold, even if you can’t see it or smell it. Those symptoms are a good indicator that you should start looking for mold.
  5. Leaky roofs and basements — roofs, basements and even crawlspaces are always in contact with the elements, especially moisture — rain on the roof and moisture in the ground. These locations also tend to have higher humidity levels as the changing temperatures from outdoors to indoors can cause greater condensation (moisture). In addition, these places are more often neglected areas of a home or business so mold can grow and flourish undisturbed for longer periods.

If you do discover mold in your home or business, be sure to treat it immediately to prevent greater costs later on. MoldOff® is a green, eco-friendly, pH neutral and biodegradable mold removal product that destroys mold at the source. The product is safe to humans and pets and to fragile products like artificial turf, yet cleans better than the other harsh products on the market. It won’t cause any dangerous health issues and it is simple to use. Just spray MoldOff® on a affected surface and walk away. There’s no scrubbing necessary so you can let MoldOff® do the work for you.

Recent Posts

Testimonials

I wanted to write you about your products. I purchased the Devour Plus to see if it would get rid of the odor from my cats spraying on the wall and carpet. I think I have probably tried every similar type product from the pet stores with little success. They seemed to work for maybe a day, but then them odor came back. It has been about a week since I used Devour Plus, and the odor IS GONE. I just wish I had found this product before I wasted all my time and money on the others. I also tried putting a little in the wash with towels or clothes they had also marked on. Again the odor was removed. My regards to the MoldOff® as well – it worked great removing the mold that was around the underside perimeter of my hot tub cover. Thanks for making products that actually DO what they say they will do.

- Larry Varley