Nature puts on a spectacular show every Fall as the leaves turn gold, crimson, orange, russet and everything in between. However, as those leaves fall to the ground, they begin to decompose and develop a leaf mold, especially in wet climates. Cold temperatures cause the mold to become dormant right up until you track those leaves into your home. Within 24 hours the mold spores swell and begin to disperse throughout your home.

The welcome mat just inside the door is an ideal environment for mold to flourish. Rain and dampness are tracked in constantly, and the environment is now warm and moist, an ideal environment for mold to flourish. In addition, feet track in all sorts of soil, dirt and bacteria, which are mold’s natural food sources.

Happily, there are ways you can help prevent mold from growing.

  1. Most carpet-type mats can be put in the washing machine and during the Fall, they should be washed and dried frequently to remove mold spores, dampness and the dust and dirt that mold feeds on.
  2. If you cannot wash the mat in the washing machines, use extremely hot water and soap to remove as much of the grime and spores as possible (both the front and the back of the mat).
  3. Dry door mats immediately if they get wet.
  4.  Mop the floor under door mats to remove dirt, dust and spores.

Last but not least, spray Mold Off® on surfaces most likely to grow mold. Mold Off® is a green, eco-friendly, pH neutral and biodegradable mold removal product that destroys mold at the source. The product is safe for most surfaces including tile, wood and carpet fibers, yet cleans better than the other harsh products on the market, and it won’t cause any dangerous health issues. Mold Off® is simple to use. Just spray it on and walk away. Mold Off® will do the work for you.

Recent Posts

Testimonials

I am not sure that Mold Off® has ever been used to combat such a large-scale mold home-remediation project as this, as we took off lathe and plaster, ceilings… working from all angles. The question became, How much sweat equity are you willing to invest to make it happen? It cost us the $5,000 to have our contractor help us remove lathe and plaster – and to remediate some asbestos the environmental inspector had found – but the Mold Off® and safety / ventilation equipment was a minor investment compared to the estimates for the job to be contracted out. It has now been a year since our initial water-disaster, but our home is mold free, thanks to your product and advice. Thank you for giving our home back to us.

- Mold Off® Customer