Toxic mold is a type of mold that produces hazardous byproducts called mycotoxins. The mold itself isn’t toxic or poison, however the byproducts are and those toxins can affect your health. Individuals with asthma and other respiratory problems are very likely to have reactions to many types of mold, but experts believe that mycotoxins can trigger health problems in even healthy individuals.

The most common toxic mold is called Stachybotrys chartarum. It is a slimy, greenish-black mold that grows on moisture-laden materials that contain cellulose, such as wood, paper, drywall and other similar products. It does not grow on tile or cement. Growth occurs when there is moisture from water damage, excessive humidity, water leaks, condensation, water infiltration or flooding. Constant moisture is required for its growth.

Toxic mold as well as its less dangerous cousins, the non-toxic molds, can cause considerable property damage, especially if left untreated. Mold feeds on and slowly destroys whatever it grows on. The roots dig deep and allows the mold to eat layer by layer until whatever it is living on is gone. When that surface happens to be your roof, walls or floors in your home, replacing them can be extremely expensive.

If you do discover mold in your home or business, be sure to treat it immediately to prevent greater costs later on. Mold Off® is a green, eco-friendly, pH neutral and biodegradable mold removal product that destroys mold at the source. The product is safe to humans and pets and to fragile products like artificial turf, yet cleans better than the other harsh products on the market. It won’t cause any dangerous health issues and it is simple to use. Just spray Mold Off® on a affected surface and walk away. There’s no scrubbing necessary so you can let Mold Off® do the work for you.

Recent Posts

Testimonials

Recently a friend borrowed a dressy cotton tee shirt for a recruiting event she attended in search of employment. I am somewhat embarrassed to share with you that when she returned the shirt to me, it reeked of the most offensive worst body odor I have ever smelled in my life! I washed the shirt several times and even soaked it overnight in white vinegar (a ‘treatment” alleged to remove body odor from fabrics), to no avail – I could smell the odor through the vinegar.  No matter how hard I tried to rid the shirt of her perspiration odor, it would not go away….until, in a last ditch effort to return my favorite tee to my wardrobe, I tried Devour Plus. I wet the shirt and saturated Devour Plus everywhere under the arm pit area of the shirt. To my unexpected surprise, after laundering the shirt the next day to remove the product, it now smells fresh, as well as TOTALLY and COMPLETELY rid of her perspiration odor! This result was so amazing that you may want to share this information with others. I have never experienced any product accomplish what Devour Plus did in the laundry product arena. Thank you for restoring my favorite tee shirt to my wardrobe! I truly thought it was a “gone-er.”

- Tracy