When cleaning moldly areas, you should limit your exposure to the mold and mold spores. Here are some steps you can take to make the job safer:

  1. Protection your lungs — Breathing in mold spores can trigger all sorts of health problems, including breathing difficulties, allergic reactions, illness and for the very sensitive, mold can be deadly.
  2. Protect your skin — Avoid touching mold with your bare hands. Ordinary household rubber gloves will work to keep the spores from your skin. Wear long sleeves and long pants to keep mold spores away from your body.
  3. Protect your eyes — When cleaning mold, you are bound to stir up spores, so wear goggles to protect your eyes. Goggles without ventilation holes are recommended.
  4. Take a shower — As soon as you are done cleaning the mold, hop into the shower to remove any mold spores that cling to you.
  5. Wash your clothing and gear — Immediately put your clothing into the wash to get rid the mold spores and wipe down your gloves and goggles to remove any spores. If you are using a disposable breathing mask, throw it away outside. If you are using one you can reuse, be sure to wipe it down to remove mold spore.

Mold Off® can be used on all these surfaces to both clean mold and mildew and to help prevent mold reoccurrence, especially on equipment that you might reuse. Because it contains no harsh chemicals, there are no acrid fumes and it is a safe method for removing these unwanted spores, while providing a safe environment for family, friends, kids and pets. Mold Off® requires little or no scrubbing and kills mold at the roots, not just on the surface. In addition, it helps curb the growth of mold and mildew in the future, preventing the need for additional or frequent applications like other products.

Recent Posts

Testimonials

I wanted to write you about your products. I purchased the Devour Plus to see if it would get rid of the odor from my cats spraying on the wall and carpet. I think I have probably tried every similar type product from the pet stores with little success. They seemed to work for maybe a day, but then them odor came back. It has been about a week since I used Devour Plus, and the odor IS GONE. I just wish I had found this product before I wasted all my time and money on the others. I also tried putting a little in the wash with towels or clothes they had also marked on. Again the odor was removed. My regards to the Mold Off® as well – it worked great removing the mold that was around the underside perimeter of my hot tub cover. Thanks for making products that actually DO what they say they will do.

- Larry Varley